Sub-ohm salts have increased in popularity over the past year, as it offers an outstanding vape experience compared to traditional freebase nicotine vape juice. For years, vapers have been using freebase nicotine vape juice, and it’s all that has been used until the most recent innovation, which is referred to as salt nicotine vape juice. It is known to allow you to use higher nicotine strengths while maintaining a semi-tough throat-hit and more comfortable draws. Sub-ohm salts are the newest innovation to surface and it blends the best of both worlds together, creating an incredibly satisfying vaping experience. The question is though, are sub-ohm salts the future of vaping? We answer all of that and more in this new entry.
What Is Freebase Nicotine Vape Juice?
Freebase nicotine vape juice is the most common type of vape juice on the market. It has been used since vaping has existed. Tobacco companies have used this same nicotine for many years, and honestly, when vaping was invented, this nicotine was the only type of nicotine available to vape juice manufacturers. Freebase nicotine has been chemically modified to offer greater potency, however, it is harsh for vapers at higher milligrams levels or when it is vaped at very high wattage levels. As a result, most freebase nicotine vape juice that is available today usually range from 3mg to 6mg in strength.
What Is Salt Nicotine Vape Juice?
Salt nicotine vape juice is quickly growing in popularity since its initial release, which was only just a few short years ago. However, since its release, it has driven the market into a whole new direction, allowing manufacturing brands to create vaping devices, such as vape pods, especially for this new innovative vape juice. Salt nicotine was created when scientists isolated nicotine compounds from a tobacco plant and infused it with a chemical called benzoic acid. It resulted in lower pH levels, creating a smoother vaping experience using higher nicotine strengths, while still maintaining potency. Most of the salt nicotine vape juice available today will range from 25mg to 50mg in strength.
What Is Sub-Ohm Salt Vape Juice?
Sub-ohm vape juice is the newest innovation and it’s merely a blend of the two worlds we’ve come to know and love. Up until its release, freebase nicotine vape juice was used with higher wattage vape pods and salt nicotine vape juice was used with vape pods. If you enjoyed the smooth draws and harsher throat-hits of salt nicotine but you also enjoyed the higher wattage used with freebase nicotine along with the incredible vapor production, you were at somewhat of a crossroads where you would have to pick either one or the other. With sub-ohm salt vape juice, you no longer have to choose between the two. It combines the thick VG-dominant (Vegetable Glycerin - the part known for producing the dense vapor) liquid with salt nicotine, allowing you to enjoy the smooth draws, slightly tough throat-hit, and the dense vapor production all at once.
What Are The Benefits of Sub-Ohm Salt Vape Juice?
There are many benefits to using sub-ohm salt vape juice, especially if you are someone that likes to experience both sides of the spectrum. Whether you are looking for the stronger throat hit or the plumes of vapor, there is so much to enjoy from a sub-ohm salt vape juice.
- High Nicotine Strengths Aren’t Needed: When using sub-ohm salts, high nicotine strengths aren’t needed since you can run higher wattages. Despite the higher wattage combined with nicotine salt, you still receive a tough throat hit.
- Enjoy A Tough Throat Hit: Although salt nicotine uses benzoic acid to lower the pH level, allowing for smoother draws, the throat hit is still there. You can enjoy a tough throat hit while still using lower nicotine strengths.
- The Draws Remain Smooth and Satisfying: With sub-ohm salts, vaping has never been so satisfying. You will enjoy draws that are smooth and satisfying, taking the best parts of both freebase and salt nicotine.
- Flavor Is Even More Pronounced: Believe it or not but the flavor is even more pronounced with sub-ohm salts. Although there aren’t any facts to back it up, several users have reported that they notice a stronger flavor using sub-ohm salts.
- Your Vape Juice Will Last Longer: One of the biggest benefits of sub-ohm salt vape juice is that your vape juice will last longer. Though you will be using a higher wattage and low nicotine strengths, the increase in throat hit may cause you to use less vape juice.
Sub-Ohm Salts: Is It The Future of Vaping?
Although we are sure if sub-ohm salts will become the future of vaping, we are certain that it will definitely make a positive impact for vapers all over. There are many vapers that enjoy freebase nicotine, and others that stand by salt nicotine, so as these two worlds collide, we're sure there are more than a handful of vapers out there that would enjoy this middle ground vape juice.